Essential items to consider when relocating to France
- How long will it be before you have a landline? Will there be a 12
month contract, or can you use www.free.fr, which also provides free
international VOIP calls? (note the installation and termination fees)
- Who will pay the cost of having to use a mobile in the mean time. (Receiving local calls in France costs on a UK contract)
- Are all your bills included in the rent, or will you need a
french bank account?
- Will your relocation agent keep leaving blank voice messages on
your UK mobile?
- How long will it be before you have a house, and are not
just living in a hotel?
- Are you expecting a all the details to be taken care of
- Are you using Crown Relocation?
- Are you shipping any valuable goods (expect to make an insurance claim)
See here for a french bank reccomendation, and a
strong dis-reccomendation for the BNP Paribas
More details to be added when I'm safely back in the UK...
Copyright Sean Houlihane 2006